SteamVR is Valve’s VR solution based on the OpenVR SDK and HTC Vive headsets, controllers and base stations. The big advantages of OpenVR compared to other solutions are its 360° room-scale VR experience and openness towards any headset that has an OpenVR-compatible driver. That means, with this single plugin, you will be able to support a large range of headsets without changing a line of code or including additional headset plugins.
Revision 5 (December 2017)
- built for ShiVa 2.0 beta 9, DR20171128 and up
- breaking compatibility to older revisions, therefor new AI, API and plugin name, beginning with SSVR
- updated to openVR SDK 1.0.10
- added features: variable resolution at startup, fading to grid/color, remaining frametime evaluation
- code cleanup and partial refactoring
- updated documentation
- removed support for Mac and Linux for the time being
- dynamic resolution scaling as well as manual resolution switching had to be disabled, as they were a massive waste of GPU memory in the current implementation.
- slightly flickering shadows on some supersampled resolutions