The free Atlas Helper makes it easy set up your HUD elements and 3D models manually to use a texture atlas. All inside ShiVa, no other tool is required!
- import the ste archive into your project
- duplicate the "Atlas_Helper_Sample" HUD
- open the new HUD and change the backtexture of the "Atlas_Elements_BackGround" to your texture atlas
- select, move and resize every "AtlasElement_xx" HUD element to define the boundary of each atlas element
- copy one of them into the same container if you need more
- examine the images above to learn how to set up your HUD elements and 3D models using this large texture atlas ( there is a sample 3D model in the STE, too).
How to zoom in and edit with greater accuracy:
- choose "Atlas_Elements_Container" and set its size greater e.g., to 200,200 or 300,300, etc.
- then using the numeric input fields ( not the mouse!) for the position you can move the container around to pan in to your smaller texture parts ( try using (Shift+) up/down cursor keys in the numeric fields)
- press "OK" in the container then switch to your atlas-element and drag the borders with the mouse as usually
- when you are finished, zoom back and position your container back to the original position.
- You can also hide the red borders while editing in the Hud Editor Menu: HUD/Preview/Highlight Borders. You may also want to decrease the alpha for the borders, too, try e.g. 100-150.
- You can also turn off snapping: HUD/Preview/Snap on Components.
1.0.0 - Initial release.
1.1.0 - Reordered HUD hierarchy
- updated instructions for zooming.